So, if you're anything like us, we have a tendency to carry a lot of stuff. Like, Mary Poppins' style. It's the sorority girl in us! But, in all reality, you can survive without all the junk you throw in your trunk (yeah, at this point it's not a purse, it's a trunk!). We decided it's time to clean out our purses and narrow it down to the essentials. Below is our list of the ten (10) must-have pieces to keep in your purse.
- Lip gloss. Not a bazillion flavors, just narrow it down to a gloss and maybe a solid chapstick. We are fans of Burt's Bees and the Mint flavored Bigelow lip gloss. Oh and EOS lip balms are pretty nice!
- A mirror. You've got to be able to apply your lipstick (and discreetly check out your crush..hehe). This Hello Kitty pocket mirror is just the cutest!
- Headphones. You never know when you're going to need to isolate yourself from your neighbor and bang out to some music. The Beats by Dre hot pink headphones are legit and we like simple headphones too like these Skull Candy ones.
- Medicine. Headaches, that "time of the month"...they just can creep in out of nowhere so you want to be able to tackle them head on.
- Listerine Strips or Gum. Everyone has a stint of bad breath every once in a while. Come equipped when you pack the bad breath killers.
- Bobby pins. Even though chances are you will lose them miraculously once they enter your purse, it's nice to know you have it there.
- Safety pins. You never know when you will have a wardrobe malfunction.
- Hair ties. One of your friends is bound to ask you for one. We actually really love the hair ties from France Luxe/ L. Erickson. They are incredibly cute and incredibly durable!
- Phone charger. Honestly, this should be like #1! We have upgraded to carrying the Mophie for optimal phone battery life. It's a great investment and a serious lifesaver!
- A solid wallet. Keep all of your money and cards and gift cards in one place with a nice, durable wallet. Wallets are the best investment. Kate Spade and Michael Kors make some of the cutest wallets.
What essential purse pieces do you think we are missing from the list? Share with us below!